home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Talk Time Tuesday with Ask Jo~




Hello My lovelies!
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun or crafty? In the midst of the crazy week here on the blog this past week, I have managed to get through some emails that have been sitting in my inbox for quite some time and came across a few 'Ask Jo' questions. So I figured a Talk Time Tuesday post was needed! =)
 
   Our first question comes from Brenda who asks, "How did you pick your name of 3 Twenty?"

 Hi Brenda!!

You are the first person to ask this question and the answer is very simple and very meaningful to me. For those who know me on a personal level, know that my grandfather was my rock. He helped my mom raise me and he was in every sense of the word, my father. So I was blessed to have him in my life as he played double roles for me, a grandfather and a father. I loved him so very much. I still do. But I lost him tragically nearly 5 years ago. May 1st will be 5 years since he's been gone.
When I decided to go into business, I knew that I wanted a business name that would mean something to me, that would be close to home. Since my grandfather was a HUGE part of my life I wanted to include him in my business name. His birthday was March 20th, March being the 3rd month, 20 being the day hence the name 3 Twenty. So that is how 3 Twenty Crafts got its name. Thanks so much for your question Brenda!

Next I have a question from Sherrie....who asks, "What do you do with all your projects you make??? Do you sell them at craft ows, give them away or create to sell?"

Hi Sherrie!
Most of the projects I make are usually given away as gifts to family or friends. I like to make projects for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or Holidays. I seem to find myself making more cards then anything though and with the cards I make, I will keep some that are inspirational to me and spread them around my craft room on shelves and other cards I keep in a file box with dividers for those last minute "Oh I need a card for so and so" and for those times when something pops up and you need a card quickly. I also like to send cards to my crafty friends just to let them know I am thinking about them. I have never sold any of my cards but I've been told that I should by a few people. Thanks so much for writing in to Ask Jo and I would love to hear what you do with your projects that you create. =)
 
 Well my friends that is all I have for today.  I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by and until next time.... Enjoy life's blessings~
 
 

         

 

 
 
 

 



 
 
 




 
 


4 comments:

  1. I love how the name 3 Twenty came to be Jo! What a wonderful tribute to your grandfather! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jo,
    Wow, it's been too long since I have been here....miss you! I love how your picked the name for your business,,,that is so sweet to honor your Grandfather that way! So touching!
    I kind of do the same as you do with my cards. I keep so many on hand and then bundle some and give as gifts to friends and family. I also frequent a coffee shop in town a lot and they heard about me having a blog and creating projects and now have been displaying and selling my cards. It is fun to hear feedback from them but it's funny because now I have people asking me if I would scrap for them...yikes! I love scrap booking but I want to be able to get my own done which I can't seem to fine the time. So, I won't be taking that on anytime soon and I think it would at some point feel like a job and then would take the fun out of it, don't ya think?
    Take care my friend and it was great Talk Time Tuesday!

    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great questions! Love how you came up with your name--So clever and such a sweet tribute! I'm sure he is looking down from Heaven so proud of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I have wondered about the name and LOVE that it has such a beautiful meaning.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~